Javelin — Multi-Role Photo Radar
Javelin reinvents traditional mobile photo radar by taking the bulky equipment and high initial capital expenditure out of the equation and putting never-before-seen photo radar capabilities literally in your hands. No other device has the versatility of the Javelin. The Javelin can be used to conduct photo enforcement while the patrol vehicle is in motion. Or, it can be installed on a tripod and positioned in difficult-to-enforce areas, such as school and construction zones. It can be used for spot enforcement, either hand-held or from a dash mount. All of the above can be done using Javelin’s fully automatic mode, with no operator action required. Simply input the speed limit and tolerance then begin enforcement.
Portable Photo Radar Firsts for North America
- The only handheld, multi-role photo radar system available in North America
- The only photo radar device that can be operated from a moving patrol vehicle
- The only photo radar device with two auto-focus cameras for targeted and precise speed reporting accuracy
Two Cameras for More Complete Evidence
Javelin comes equipped with two auto-focusing cameras:
- A long-range, wide-angle lens to capture the speeding vehicle and the traffic environment
- A second telephoto lens to capture the traffic violator’s license plate
While less advanced systems require the officer to gamble on a fixed depth of field, Javelin continuously manages the photography, freeing the officer to concentrate on enforcement.
Less advanced devices can only capture a speeding vehicle’s license plate after the measurement has been taken and only once the violator has entered the range of the device’s camera. The inferior measure-then-capture system calls the reliability of the evidence into question, potentially resulting in guilty drivers evading penalty due to bad photographic results.
Javelin takes care of everything simultaneously, making the evidence irrefutable. With the device doing all the work, there’s no opportunity for a driver to slow down between being caught and being photographically captured. And there’s no need to worry about capturing a blurry image of the license plate.
Javelin at a Glance
- Lightweight at just 3.0 lbs. — battery included
- Optional tripod mount for safe roadside operation
- Operable via included remote control
- Dash mountable with full support for moving mode
- Features auto-write. Can record infractions, according to selected tolerance limit, without operator action
- Range of up to 200 meters at speeds ranging from 20 — 300 km/h
- Variable enforcement tolerances
- Operates in low-light
- Low learning curve — works almost as easily as a camcorder thanks to the full-color LCD touch screen display with intuitive controls
- Storage capacity — accommodates an 8-card library of SD memory cards
- Digital encryption of all files—ensures that every photograph taken is tamper-proof
- Features DRIVE technology